The Competition Manager allow you to create a team and and/or to participate in competitions created by others players or organizations.
Create a Team
Creating a team is very easy on ManiaPlanet. First, you need to go to the Player Page, located at the following address : https://player.maniaplanet.com
The follwoing screens will show step by step how to create a team.
Upgrading your team gives you the ability to register for official competitions, which we talk about below.
Create a Competition
In ManiaPlanet there are two types of competition: the basic ones and the official ones.
A basic competition uses the basic level of the competition system on ManiaPlanet, allowing you to create play in standard competitions.
Registering a Basic Competition cost 1500 Planets.
Official competitions are restricted to official teams only. Those teams will win points on the Team Ladder when they win a match. Only organizations are able to create official competitions. For organizations, it's possible to create one for 100000 Planets through the Player Page.
Registering an official competition cost 25000 planets.
Manage a Competition
Once you have created a competition, you'll have a screen like this on the Player Page:
You'll see different entries in the menu:
- Public ManiaLink: Allows you to open ManiaPlanet and go to the ManiaLink showcasing the competition with the information that you entered when it was created.
- Post News: Allows you to post an ingame news, which will be visible by the people who have bookmarked the competition.
- Edit: Allows you to modify the information of the competition like its title, the area (map? or location [e.g. US, EU, etc.]), number of teams/opponents, the registration mode and its opening/close date, its visibility and the registration cost.
- Map Pool: Allows you to edit the map pool, and to inform your players which maps will be used for the competition. If a map isn't available on the list, you can add one through the "Maps" section in the Community tab.
- Manager Filter: Allows you to restrict the registration of the team following one of these criteria: Area, minimum (team ladder) in point or minimum in point in competition (won in competitions)
- Manage Invite Keys: Allows you to create invitiation keys to give to any teams, allowing them to register for your competition.
- Manage Teams: Allows you to invite a team directly.
- Manage links: Allows you to post links related to the competition. The links can be about social networks, streams, website, a redirection to the registration page for external competitions, etc.
- Manage Results: Allows you to indicate the positions of the teams in the competition.